Time to start putting the chest together. I had followed Chris Schwarz’s recommendation and cut dovetails in pine every night for a month. Well it worked out to often but not every night. I think this can be a good practice but not if your technique isn’t changing or you haven’t mastered sharpening. I found Paul Sellers videos with his knife line and chiseling and was sold. The biggest problem for me was the shoulder lines being consistent and not pushing into them. Ash is a reasonably hard wood but I still managed to have not so great dovetails. I attribute my first crappy dovetails to my lack of precision on the shoulder lines. Some overhang allowed for cleanup of the not so perfect fitting dovetails. More practice is definitely needed in layout more than chiseling. The dovetails did get better as I moved along. Two sides and the back ready to go. \ Once again no so perfect on the front. The dovetail for the drawer divider was actually quite easy to do on the first try. Ready for glueup. All glued up and planed. I did get some wood swelling that filled in the minor gaps I had on glue up. I also used the sawdust from my bandsaw when I did the ripping and resawing and mixed that with some wood glue and used as wood filler. This filled in the remaining gaps that in the end are no longer visible. So I can imagine if my dovetails improve the fit and finish will as well. A different view. The chest is coming together nicely. Next is the top/bottom and sawing the carcass in half.